How to Prevent Mold issues
Winter is here and we at SERVPRO of Lafayette / Moraga / Orinda care about your home. here are some tips to prevent mold issues:
- Keep humidity levels as low as you can—no higher than 50%–all day long.
- Be sure your home has enough ventilation.
- Fix any leaks in your home’s roof, walls, or plumbing so mold does not have moisture to grow.
- Clean up and dry out your home thoroughly and quickly (within 24–48 hours) after flooding.
- Clean bathrooms with mold-killing products.
- Remove or replace carpets and upholstery that have been soaked and cannot be dried promptly.
If you want to know more about how to prevent Mold issues at your home you can go Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.