Smoke Damage due to Kitchen Fire on the Stove
The before photo was the aftermath of a heavy smoke damage caused by a fire on the kitchen stove. Fortunately no one was hurt and the fire was put out immediately. After the firefighters left, the homeowner was in shock and devastated by the damages. SERVPRO of Petaluma/Rohnert Park was called out and contracted to help with the restoration service. When our crew arrived on site, there was significant soot and smoke damage found on the walls and ceiling, not to mention powerful lingering odors. Our technicians diligently scrubbed and cleaned the affected materials and utilized antimicrobial disinfectant following the IICRC guidelines. Our customer was surprised how quickly and completely we were able to clean the soot from the walls and ceiling. We make disasters, “Like it never even happened”.